Last Updated October 20, 2020
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information that alone or in combination with other information in our possession could be used to identify you (“Personal Information”) as follows:
Personal Information You Provide: We collect Personal Information from you when you enter information through the Site or otherwise communicate with us. The information collected may vary depending on what you choose to share but it will generally include name, company name, business email address, business phone number, personal email address, personal phone number, state and zip codes. We may also collect information when you contact us with questions or concerns and when you voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or requests for market research seeking your opinion and feedback.
Social Media Information: We have pages on social media sites like Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, and LinkedIn (“Social Media Pages”). When you interact with our Social Media Pages, we will collect Personal Information that you elect to provide to us, such as your contact details. In addition, the companies that host our Social Media Pages may provide us with aggregate information and analytics regarding the use of our Social Media Pages.
Internet Activity Information: When you visit, use, and interact with the Service, we may receive certain information about your visit, use, or interactions. For example, we may monitor the number of people that visit the Service, peak hours of visits, which page(s) are visited, the domains our visitors come from (e.g., google.com, yahoo.com, etc.), and which browsers people use to access the Service (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Internet Explorer, etc.), broad geographical information, and navigation pattern. In particular, the following information is created and automatically logged in our systems:
- Log Information: Information that your browser automatically sends whenever you visit the Site. Log Information includes your Internet Protocol address, browser type and settings, the date and time of your request, and how you interacted with the Site.
- Device Information: Includes name of the device, operating system, and browser you are using. Information collected may depend on the type of device you use and its settings.
- Usage Information: We collect information about how you use our Service, such as the types of content that you view or engage with, the features you use, the actions you take, and the time, frequency, and duration of your activities.
- Location Information: We derive a rough estimate of your location from your IP address.
- Email Open/Click Information: We use pixels in our email campaigns that allow us to collect the date and time you open an email or click on any links in the email.
Personal Information We Process on Behalf of Our Businesses: In order to provide the Service, Broadly collects Personal Information relating to Businesses’ customers (“Consumers”) such as names, contact information, and any information contained in reviews of Businesses submitted by Consumers. We process Consumer’s Personal Information pursuant to our Terms and Conditions and other agreements with Businesses. We have no direct relationship with Consumers. If you are such a Consumer and would no longer like your information to be used by a Business or you would like to access, correct, or request deletion of your information, please contact the Business that you interact with directly.
On most web browsers, you will find a “help” section on the toolbar. Please refer to this section for information on how to receive a notification when you are receiving a new cookie and how to turn cookies off. Please see the links below for guidance on how to modify your web browser’s settings on the most popular browsers:
Please note that if you limit the ability of websites to set cookies, you may be unable to access certain parts of the Site and you may not be able to benefit from the full functionality of the Site.
If you access the Site on your mobile device, you may not be able to control tracking technologies through the settings.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide the Service and help Businesses attract and capture leads, streamline communications, collect mobile payments, and gather feedback and reviews;
- To respond to your inquiries, comments, feedback, or questions;
- To send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the Service and changes to our terms, conditions, and policies;
- To analyze how you interact with our Service;
- To maintain and improve the Service;
- To develop new products and services;
- To prevent fraud, criminal activity, or misuses of our Service, and to ensure the security of our IT systems, architecture, and networks; and
- To comply with legal obligations and legal process and to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or other third parties.
Marketing. We may use your Personal Information to contact you to tell you about products or services we believe may be of interest to you. For instance, if you elect to provide your email, we may use that information to send you special offers. You may opt out of receiving emails by following the instructions contained in each promotional email we send you. You can also control the marketing emails you receive by updating your settings through your account. In addition, if at any time you do not wish to receive future marketing communications, you may contact us. If you unsubscribe from our marketing lists, you will no longer receive marketing communications but we will continue to contact you regarding management of your account, other administrative matters, and to respond to your requests.
SHARING AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Broadly does not sell your Personal Information. In certain circumstances we may share the categories of Personal Information described above without further notice to you, unless required by the law, with the following categories of third parties:
- Vendors and Service Providers: To assist us in meeting business operations needs and to perform certain services and functions, we may share Personal Information with vendors and service providers, including providers of hosting services, cloud services, and other information technology services providers, email communication software and email newsletter services, advertising and marketing services, payment processors, customer relationship management and customer support services, and analytics services. Pursuant to our instructions, these parties will access, process, or store Personal Information in the course of performing their duties to us. We take commercially reasonable steps to ensure our service providers adhere to the security standards we apply to your Personal Information.
- Business Transfers: If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, financing due diligence, reorganization, bankruptcy, receivership, sale of all or a portion of our assets, or transition of service to another provider (collectively a “Transaction”), your Personal Information and other information may be shared in the diligence process with counterparties and others assisting with the Transaction and transferred to a successor or affiliate as part of that Transaction along with other assets.
- Legal Requirements: If required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) prevent fraud, (iv) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of the Service, or the public, or (v) protect against legal liability.
- Affiliates: We may share Personal Information with our current and future affiliates, meaning an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with Broadly. Our affiliates may use the Personal Information we share in a manner consistent with this Privacy Polic
Our Service is not directed to children who are under the age of 16. Broadly does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of 16. If you have reason to believe that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to Broadly through the Service please contact us and we will endeavor to delete that information from our databases.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
You use the Service at your own risk. We implement commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and organizational measures to protect Personal Information both online and offline from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no Internet or e-mail transmission is ever fully secure or error free. In particular, e-mail sent to or from us may not be secure. Therefore, you should take special care in deciding what information you send to us via the Service or e-mail. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any Personal Information to Broadlyvia the Internet. In addition, we are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Service, or third party websites.
By using our Service, you understand and acknowledge that your Personal Information will be transferred from your location to our facilities and servers in the United States.
In certain circumstances providing Personal Information is optional. However, if you choose not to provide Personal Information that is needed to use some features of our Service, you may be unable to use those features. You can also contact us to request updates or corrections to your Personal Information.