The best software for running and growing a pet care business
When you picture a day in the life of a pet care business owner, you might envision something very pleasant. Perhaps a pet lover getting to do what he or she loves most for a living: caring for, boarding, grooming, and walking their furry friends.
But the reality can often be a bit more hectic: pet professionals juggling pet care and paperwork, all while trying to build long-term relationships with pet parents. The pet care industry is growing rapidly, and to stay competitive, small business owners need the right tools and strategy.
From scheduling appointments and taking payments to marketing for pet care businesses, there are a variety of tools available to help you streamline your business operations and grow faster.
We’ve had several conversations with pet care business owners just like you and created a list of the most essential tools for pet care services businesses. But before we get to that, let’s break down what you really need.
See what Broadly can do for your business in just 30 days
What do I really need to run a pet care services business?
The first thing you need to get started with a pet care business is to determine what licensing and permits are required in your state. Depending on the type of services you plan to offer, you may need to obtain a business license or other permits.
Additionally, you may also be required to obtain insurance for your business in order to protect yourself from any liabilities associated with offering pet care services.
Once you have the basics sorted, managing the day-to-day operations of a pet care business can be overwhelming. This is where the tech stack comes in.
A tech stack refers to the set of tools or software that you use for managing and growing your pet care business. It includes everything from customer management tools to accounting software, marketing tools, and more. Having the right tech stack can help streamline your processes, automate tasks, and make it easier to manage your business.
How can I make my pet care business more profitable?
There are hundreds of manual tasks that need to be completed in order to run a successful pet care business. But with the right tools, you can streamline operations, increase productivity and nurture your new and existing customers with just a few clicks so you can save time and effort while increasing your profits.
The right tech stack can also help you automate customer contact, appointment scheduling, and billing—eliminating the need for manual data entry and resulting in fewer human errors. It can also help you with keeping your happy customers longer and attracting more new potential customers.
Thankfully, you don’t need to purchase point solutions for all of these things because many offer these features as part of a software solution. We’ve boiled these software solutions down to three categories:
- Pet Care Software
- Accounting Software
- Marketing Software
Pet care software
Pet care software is designed to make pet care business operations easier, faster, and more efficient. It helps you manage your daily pet care business tasks such as scheduling appointments, storing and updating client information, invoicing and billing, customer communication, and more..
Here are a few key benefits of pet care software:
- Organize client information in one place: You can store all client information in one central database and easily access it whenever you need it. For instance, you can retrieve client records quickly and accurately, verify appointments in real time and send automated appointment reminders.
- Reduce paperwork: You can eliminate the hassle of paperwork and streamline your operations. Let’s say, you can store client contracts and waivers digitally, send automatic payment receipts, and collect customer feedback through surveys.
- Increase accuracy: Automation reduces errors in data entry, making it easier to manage and track customer information accurately. If you are a pet groomer, you can also use pet care software to manage inventory and track supplies.
- Save time: Automate repetitive tasks, freeing up your staff to focus on providing quality care. For example, you can set up automatic appointment reminders and follow-up emails to reduce no-shows.
Accounting software is essential for keeping track of your finances and managing taxes. It simplifies bookkeeping and helps you manage cash flow, create invoices, track expenses and generate financial reports.
You can use the accounting software to:
- Track expenses: You can easily keep track of your credit card expenses, payments to staff members, and generate reports to measure your business performance. For example, you can track employee wages, food, supplies, utility bills, etc.
- Invoice and track payments: Automated invoicing and online payment processing make it easier to keep track of payments and billing. This way, you can get paid faster and keep your books up to date. Let’s say you’re a pet sitter. You can easily send invoices to customers and track their payments.
- Prepare financial reports: Generate customized financial reports to track your business performance and stay on top of your finances. This will give insights into how well your business is doing and help you make informed decisions. For example, you can track your total revenue, expenses, and customer satisfaction rates.
- Keep track of tax reporting data:This powerful tool helps pet care service businesses keep track of all their tax reporting data from inventory to invoicing. With the time saving feature, pet care service businesses can forget about counting paper receipts and manually inputting pet services sold into Excel sheets.
Marketing software is essential for any pet care business, allowing you to attract more potential customers and build relationships with existing customers.
By investing in marketing for your pet care business, you can build authority, boost your local visibility, attract more pet parents – which all add up to more revenue and make a bigger impact.
When it comes to marketing,pet care reputation management software such as Broadly is all you need to attract new potential customers, facilitate a 5-star customer experience, and nurture your relationships so happy customers continue to rave about you online.
With Broadly, you get:
- Unlimited review requests for Google, Facebook, and other popular review sites
- Automated Web Chat attracts and captures 2x more qualified leads
- Consolidated team Inbox manages all leads and messages in one central place
- Text & email communication allow you to reach leads and customers on-the-go
- Saved Replies & templated messages help you decrease response time
- Text-to-pay mobile invoicing simplifies the payment process so you get paid faster
- Pay Over Time customer financing increases average order value for large jobs
- Dashboard & Reports make it easy to track key performance insights
Get started with a free 30-day trial of Broadly
If you’re looking to streamline your pet care business operations, Broadly is here to help.
With the Broadly mobile app, you can build a strong, lasting online presence and a reputation that helps you win more business, improve customer satisfaction, boost online visibility, and maximize your revenue.
See what Broadly can do for your business in just 30 days