How to create a NextDoor Business Page for your service area business
Nextdoor is a hyper-local, community-focused social networking site that connects neighborhoods on the Internet.
While this is an entertaining tool that can keep neighbors in touch in the online world, it’s also an excellent way for local businesses to market their services directly to their target audience: their local community.
If you’re a local business wanting to take advantage of Nextdoor’s community-nurturing features, you’ve come to the right place.
This article will discuss how to maximize your Nextdoor business pages to reach your ideal customers. Read on to find out how to improve your local reputation and convert new customers from your neighborhood.
How To Use NextDoor To Promote & Grow Your Service Area Business
Thinking local to grow your business
Even in the age of the Internet, business location is still critical.
Not for all businesses, it’s true; some businesses don’t need to maintain a geographic presence to deliver their services to a particular area.
However, if you’re a local establishment or a small business, you know how much you rely on proximity to prosper. For some, not being near local customers means that they might as well not open a business.
If you’re a service area business, you realize the importance of pinpoint marketing that advertises only to those you need to read the message. Besides, even if the Internet has changed how marketing happens, word-of-mouth recommendations from peers still hold plenty of sway.
If you’re a car service business, a veterinary clinic, offer plumbing services, a local dentist, restaurant, and so on, you need to focus on what’s near you. Growing locally will be the primary option for your business and many others.
And for this, nothing beats a social media platform like Nextdoor.
Why you need a Nextdoor business page
Nextdoor is a social media network that caters to a hyper-local audience base. Where big national brands such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram connect an individual to the world, Nextdoor connects one neighbor to the other.
When you’re connected to your immediate neighborhood, you can build stronger bonds with the people that live closest to you.
Not only can this be entertaining, but it’s also helpful. A personal Nextdoor account can notify their community of a missing pet, report suspicious activity, organize local events, recommend local businesses, and more.
But it’s not just that—Nextdoor is also crucial for local businesses.
Establishments can create a Nextdoor business page that acts much like a Yelp page, only for your community.
With your business on Nextdoor, owners can reach potential customers directly within specific neighborhoods without diluting their message through the wider, indiscriminate reach of other social media platforms. Here are several ways that a Nextdoor page can help smaller businesses.
- Displays relevant business information. Include all the necessary details for your customers to reach you. You should display your business name, a brief description, contact details, business hours, and any other helpful details on your page.
- Allows the community to review your business. Nextdoor business pages let you use community reviews as social proof for your business, as everyone can see how others find your business.
- Run exclusive local deals. This social networking app for local businesses also has a feature that lets you post a local deal every three to four days to entice potential new customers.
- Businesses can contribute to the community. Your business account will enable you to post, respond to questions, discuss local events, and more.
- Updates community about business events. With Nextdoor pages, you can post upcoming events from your establishment on the calendar so that nearby neighbors know what’s up.
How to create your Nextdoor business page
Now that we know the advantages of having a business page on Nextdoor’s social platform, how can you take advantage of this marketing opportunity? Fortunately, you only have to follow a few steps to make your new business page on Nextdoor.
Here’s a step-by-step guide to making a business page on Nextdoor.
Step 1: Determine if you are eligible
Not all businesses do well with a business account on Nextdoor.
Nextdoor is a social networking platform for next-door neighbors to stay connected on the Internet. If your business model doesn’t rely on geographic access to make money, then Nextdoor might not be the best platform for you, and you might be better off marketing on other social media platforms.
Businesses such as advertising agencies, digital marketing firms, national brands, web development businesses, and research firms can function without being physically and geographically near their target market, so these businesses don’t have to be in Nextdoor.
On the other hand, businesses that rely on their next-door neighbors for their business will benefit from having a Nextdoor business profile.
Step 2: Sign up for a business account
If you believe that your business can benefit from the platform’s free business page, then all you have to do is sign up for your account.
If you already have a personal Nextdoor account, you can use the exact login details for your personal account as the details for your business account. However, if you will need help managing your account, you will have to share your login details with an employee—which means that you are also giving them access to your personal account.
On the other hand, if you make a free Nextdoor business page from scratch, you can safely share the details of that separate business account with any other authorized representative.
It’s easy to create a Nextdoor business page. Simply follow these steps.
- Head over to the Nextdoor website and click Claim Your Business Page.
- Provide all the required information, such as your name, business name, address, contact details, whether you’re an authorized representative, and more.
- Next, click Claim Page. Your account will then be created, although you still have to complete your business profile to optimize.
- During your first login, you may also be required to get a verification code to secure your account. Go through Nextdoor’s verification process to enhance the security of your business pages.
Step 3: Fill out your business profile
Unfortunately, just because you have an existing page doesn’t mean that you’re done setting up your business profile on Nextdoor. If you want to have an optimized profile that persuades potential customers to give you a try, you’ll need to put in a little more work.
Fortunately, this stage is simple enough: just add all the information you want the customers to know about your business. Here are some essentials.
- Logos and cover picture. A professional business logo and cover picture are far more trustworthy than blank gray boxes.
- Complete contact information. Include all the different ways your customers can reach you under the business info section, such as email address, landline, etc.
- Business hours. Whether you’re a service or a professional business, adding your business hours helps tell customers when they should expect you to be available.
- Categories. Don’t forget to place your business in the right categories to help improve your organic neighborhood reach.
- Licenses. If you can add your state license number or contractor license number, all the better. These digits let customers know you’re a legitimate professional.
- Your story. Tell visitors a bit about what your business is all about to give them an idea of your values and principles.
- Services and rates. If possible, include service rates in your business profile, so customers won’t have to call you to know your prices.
Step 4: Start promoting your page
Lastly, after you’ve established a business profile, you can start advertising your business to the local customer base. You can do this in various ways.
- Running paid ads
- Promoting local deals
- Hosting local events
- Making business posts
- Discussing neighborhood news and more
Promoting your business listing to people that have joined Nextdoor is an excellent way to increase your local customer base and improve your visibility in the neighborhood.
How Broadly can help
Nextdoor is a powerful tool that you can use to grow your business locally. In this fast-paced digital world, our business’s online presence is critical in capturing new customers and keeping old regulars, so local service area businesses must join platforms like Nextdoor.
But it’s challenging to juggle managing your Nextdoor account plus all other review platforms and social networking sites for your business.
Broadly is the best way to manage reviews online. With Broadly, you can curate your business profiles across multiple review platforms and social networking accounts, managing them all from one dashboard.
Broadly allows you to use critical reputation management features, such as:
- Unifying your review management. With Broadly’s platform, you can access and manage all your online business accounts in one place.
- Automating messages. You can set this platform up to automatically message patrons to ask for positive customer reviews.
- Payments. Not only can Broadly streamline reputation management, but it can also streamline core processes such as mobile invoicing and payments.
See what Broadly can do for your business in just 30 days