Complete guide to garage door repair marketing
If you want your garage door company to be the one that people in your service area reach out to, then you need to invest in a standout lead generation and online marketing strategy. Whether their garage door opener stops working, they need garage door installation services or for other garage door services, you want them to contact your garage door repair business first.
This guide will walk you through the top digital marketing channels and tactics business owners use to attract quality leads, convert local customers and stand out among other local businesses in their field.
Watch your online reputation transform with Broadly
Importance of creating an online presence for your garage door repair company
Having an online presence across today’s top digital marketing channels is essential for garage door businesses and garage door contractors that want to:
- Reach and engage more homeowners and potential customers
- Increase their lead generation efforts
- Convert garage door repair leads into new customers
- Get more garage door installation services booked
While 80% of consumers use search engines to find local information, about 60% of small businesses don’t have a search engine optimization (SEO) strategy.
Bottom line, if you want to start getting leads — particularly high-quality garage door repair leads — then you need to establish an online presence for your garage door repair company and keep it optimized.
Top garage door repair service marketing channels and tactics
1. A website for your garage door business
Building a website should be one of the first steps you take to establish an online presence for your garage door company. This is the online real estate you have the most control over, and this channel has the greatest potential to deliver the most qualified leads for your business.
Here are some best practices for creating a website that generates results for your company.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices and ensure it loads quickly to improve your SEO in search engines, such as Google and Bing
- Include lead generation forms on your website landing pages, so potential customers can request a free quote, book a home service or become SMS or email subscribers to receive updates from your garage door repair business
- Create a contact page that lists your business phone number, email, physical address, service area and social media links
- Provide a “How it works” landing page that describes what it’s like doing business with your company, what garage door services you offer and what homeowners can expect
- Streamline the user experience, making it easy for new customers to place service calls and make online payments using their preferred payment method (credit card, digital payments, etc.)
2. Blogging, content marketing and local SEO
If you want to step up your lead generation efforts, then investing in your website’s SEO is a must. For the average local business, SEO is the #1 driver of web traffic, with organic search accounting for 50% of all website visits.
Developing content for your website — publishing blogs, guides, video content and infographics — are great ways to improve your company’s SEO. In fact, Google says content is one of the most influential factors that can strengthen your SEO. The search engine recommends creating fresh, unique content about topics that provide answers to questions your potential customers are searching for online. Keyword research should inform your content marketing strategy.
3. Social media marketing
While local search is a natural point of discovery for learning about local businesses and home service providers, it’s not the only game in town. Most consumers (55%) use social media to learn about companies.
The world’s leading social media platform reports even stronger engagement, with up to 66% of Facebook users worldwide visiting local businesses’ Facebook pages once a week or more.
Just as you’ve done with your website, you want to add as much information to your social media accounts as possible. Your social accounts should include your phone number, service area, garage repair services offering and links to lead generation forms where potential customers can book home services directly.
Use your social media presence to:
- Learn from and engage with customers: Read and respond to customer reviews, comments and brand mentions to collect high-quality testimonials.
- Generate garage door repair leads: Use organic content to drive awareness about your services and paid social media ads to target homeowners in your service area. Pay-per-lead (PPL) ads are a digital marketing tool that includes a lead generation form to request a quote, learn more about your services or book a garage repair service call.
4. Online reviews
Customer reviews are essential to any online marketing strategy. Here’s why: 98% of consumers read online reviews, and 93% say online reviews influence their purchase decisions.
But if you have only a handful of reviews, that might not be enough. Research indicates that customers only begin trusting a company’s overall star rating once they’ve reached a threshold of at least 40 online reviews on platforms such as Google Business Profile (formerly known as Google My Business), Facebook and Yelp.
Do you want to get more testimonials for your garage door repair company? Broadly offers marketing services with functionality that enables small businesses to automatically send email review requests and SMS review requests.
5. SMS marketing
An often overlooked digital marketing channel, SMS marketing campaigns offer second-to-none open rates. With an average open rate of 98%, you will stay top-of-mind with your SMS subscribers.
- Get SMS subscribers by adding lead generation forms to your website — ask your garage door repair leads for their mobile phone numbers and consent to receive SMS updates from your company.
- Keep your SMS subscribers engaged by sending scheduled home services confirmations and reminders, promotions, tips about garage door maintenance and other updates.
- Pay attention to your subscribers’ engagement, tracking unsubscribe rates and overall open rates.
6. Email marketing
As with SMS marketing and social media marketing, email marketing will help you nurture relationships with garage door repair leads, new customers and loyal customers alike. Companies that invest in email marketing have the potential to unlock a huge return — an ROI of $36 for every $1 spent on email marketing efforts.
- Establish a specific goal for every email, whether that’s raising awareness about new garage repair services or driving conversions
- Send targeted emails tailored to specific customer segments (qualified leads, new customers, repeat customers, etc.)
- Create visually appealing emails with a high-quality design
- Write engaging emails that are free of typos
- Evaluate the performance of your emails by keeping track of email marketing key performance indicators (KPIs), such as unsubscribe rates and click-through rates
7. Web Chat
Once you’ve created your website, you can use another digital marketing tool to boost your online presence to the next level: Web Chat. Web Chat allows customers and small businesses to connect in real-time, so you can turn your website’s garage door repair leads into new customers.
- Add Web Chat functionality to every landing page on your website
- Use Web Chat to streamline your lead generation efforts: Collect phone numbers and more details from potential customers who are interested in your home services
- Allow customers to quickly ask questions about your company while they’re visiting your website
- Give customers the option to schedule garage door repair services right on the spot
8. Online advertising
Do you want to get more garage door repair leads quickly? While organic marketing tactics help companies scale over time, paid marketing efforts enable businesses to speed up that growth. If you have room in your advertising budget, use online advertising to raise awareness about your company and fuel lead generation.
- Test out a few online advertising platforms: social media, online directories, or home services websites
- Explore your ad format options: video, text, or banner ads
- Consider your advertising campaign choices: pay-per-click (PPC) ads, which increase awareness or pay-per-lead (PPL) or pay-per-conversion ads, which increase lead generation and conversion rates
Garage door repair marketing FAQ
How do I generate more garage door repair leads?
You can generate more garage door repair leads by:
- Leveraging lead generation forms and web chat on your website
- Securing more online testimonials on social media, online directories and review websites
- Improving your SEO
- Getting more social media followers and SMS and email subscribers
- Using paid digital marketing channels to yield more home services bookings
How do I improve my garage door repair business’s reputation?
You can improve your garage door repair business’s reputation by using these best practices from Broadly’s guide to online reputation management:
- Listen to customer feedback about your small business across channels (online reviews, search engine results, message boards, social media channels and online comments)
- Uncover trends and critical insights from all the customer feedback posted about your company online
- Address customer feedback by responding to your online reviews, comments, and social media mentions
- Measure your brand reputation by taking into consideration your overall ratings on review websites, social media follower counts, website traffic and garage repair services bookings
Where should garage door repair companies advertise online?
Spend your money where you know homeowners are looking for garage door repair services, such as search engines, social media platforms, home services websites and online directories.
If you want to drive awareness, consider platforms that offer pay-per-click advertising. If you want to speed up your lead generation efforts, opt for platforms that provide pay-per-lead or pay-per-conversion ad campaigns.
Elevate your garage door repair business with Broadly
Home service providers across industries use Broadly’s online marketing services and functionality to create an online presence, find qualified leads, drive conversion rates and generate online testimonials.
Broadly’s platform automates requests for customer reviews and streamlines the review monitoring process. Messages from social media and email can be consolidated into one inbox, so you never miss an opportunity. Simplify invoicing and collection with mobile payments.
Watch your online reputation transform with Broadly