How to Stay Organized and Get More Roofing Customers
Managing your own roofing business is a tough job. You’ve got to stay on top of your crew, ensure you order and receive materials on time, track sales and customer inquiries, and so much more. It’s overwhelming to keep everything organized!
With the right tools, managing your small business can become a breeze. In this blog, we share how to organize your roofing business, automate processes and streamline your workflows to get new customers.
Common challenges roofing businesses face
Many small businesses have the same challenges, which means the most common struggles that roofing business owners face don’t necessarily have much to do with roofs.
Customers are the backbone of your business, and it’s critical to keep track of customers and their needs. This includes responding to inquiries quickly, managing their information and exceeding their expectations.
One of the most common challenges for local businesses is scheduling work. To set up each roofing project for success, it’s necessary to create a plan for when projects should start, define the crew and materials required and schedule follow-up visits.
Accounting and finance
Good financial management is essential for running a successful roofing business and keeping in the good graces of the IRS.
This includes accurately tracking expenses and income from business bank accounts, managing workers’ compensation, bookkeeping, assessing profit margins, investing in marketing strategies and creating accurate invoices.
Managing day-to-day operations
Entrepreneurs need to manage day-to-day operations, from dealing with salespeople to homeowners. These tasks are time-consuming as multiple variables are attached to each step.
Why organization is important for roofing businesses
Organization is the key to success for any business, and roofing businesses are no exception. A solid business plan is critical to define goals, business structure, target market and strategies for success.
Here are critical reasons why a business must be well-organized.
- Improved efficiency: Streamlined tasks and information help roofing businesses increase productivity.
- Better resource utilization: Organizing resources such as materials, equipment, and personnel will ensure they are used efficiently.
- Increased profitability: Businesses can boost profits by operating efficiently and optimizing costs.
- Better customer service: By organizing processes and procedures, roofing businesses can provide customers with consistent and high-quality service.
- Improved decision-making: Businesses with access to accurate, up-to-date information can make quick, well-informed decisions.
Best practices for roofing customer management
A business owner’s ability to manage customers will determine whether a new roofing business will succeed.
Establish clear and consistent communication with customers to ensure their needs are met and to address any concerns promptly.
Broadly’s Inbox tool consolidates messages from email and social media platforms to ensure nothing falls through the cracks. Save templates and common responses to customer questions to ensure all potential customers get quick and consistent answers.
Provide a personalized experience to customers by understanding their specific needs and tailoring roofing services to meet those needs.
Send customized SMS text and email marketing messages to new potential customers and existing customers. Advertise promotions, feature your latest roofing jobs and share informative content about different types of roofs.
Always follow up with customers promptly. If a potential customer has a question, you want to respond to them before they contact the competition.
Broadly can help you implement Web Chat on your website to ensure your leads don’t wait a moment too long. You can program automated responses for frequently asked questions and forward more complicated inquiries to your roofing sales specialists.
Transparent pricing and payment
Provide clear and transparent pricing to customers, with no hidden fees or surprises for each roofing project. Further, ensure that the payment process is simple and straightforward to avoid any confusion or frustration.
Get paid faster with Broadly mobile invoicing and payment tools. Customers can pay from their mobile devices without downloading an app.
Regularly seek and act on customer feedback to identify improvement areas and continuously enhance the customer experience. Broadly’s review management and analytics tools allow business owners to monitor and respond to online feedback with ease.
Happy customers are also critical for word-of-mouth marketing and referrals.
Best practices for roofing business and team management
Managing your roofing team can be a breeze with the right tools and processes. Here are some tips to get you started:
- Safety first: Implement a strict safety program to protect employees and ensure compliance with OSHA regulations.
- Effective communication: Foster clear and open communication among team members to ensure efficient workflow and avoid misunderstandings. Track team performance and collaborate with your roofers and office staff by using Broadly’s Team tool.
- Customer focus: Put your customers’ needs first by providing quality workmanship, excellent customer service, and timely communication.
- Proper training: Ensure that all employees receive proper training in the latest roof repair techniques and roofing materials to provide the best possible service to customers.
- Time and cost management: Implement effective project management techniques to keep projects on schedule and within budget.
Broadly has the management tools you need to keep your roofing business organized
Transform the way you run your roofing company with Broadly! Take control of your customer management, communications, and operations with a single solution that’s tailored to your unique needs.
It doesn’t matter if you focus on commercial roofing or residential roofing. With Broadly’s flexible and easy-to-use platform, you’ll save time so you can focus on the work that matters most.
Start streamlining your business for success!