How to Remove Reviews from Facebook
Facebook reviews are a critical element of Facebook business pages. These pages allow consumers to give small businesses and local businesses 1- to 5-star reviews, with or without an added explanation or customer review.
Of course, no business owner wants bad Facebook reviews, which is why one of the first questions that may come to mind if negative comments appear is: How can I remove reviews from Facebook?
If you’re a business owner or manager, maybe you’ve noticed negative reviews or bad reviews on your Facebook page. If you want to manage your social media reputation, you’ve come to the right place.
We’ll explain why online reviews matter and the options you have for removing bad reviews on Facebook. Let’s dive into how to handle negative Facebook reviews and your broader online reputation.
Can I remove Facebook reviews?
Yes, you can remove Facebook reviews from your page by eliminating the reviews section from your Facebook page altogether. See our guidelines below on how to do this in the “How to remove the review section from Facebook.”
That said, individual Facebook reviews cannot be removed. According to Facebook, you can report reviews with comments that don’t adhere to Facebook’s Community Standards. However, reviews that only include a star rating without customer feedback can’t be reported.
Individuals who write business reviews on Facebook can delete their own Facebook reviews at any time. Businesses themselves, however, cannot edit reviews.
If you don’t want bad reviews with profanity showing up on your business page on Facebook, you can block comments that include swear words by turning on the profanity filter.
Should I remove Facebook reviews?
To remove all negative reviews from your Facebook page, you have to remove the entire reviews section from your Facebook page.
Removing the Facebook reviews section from your Facebook business page might seem like a good option for a Facebook account with numerous negative reviews. However, keep in mind that if you remove your online reviews section, you also won’t have any positive reviews to show on your Facebook account.
We don’t recommend doing this since having online reviews (positive reviews and bad reviews) still increases your chances of landing new customers.
Nevertheless, here are the steps to remove the reviews section from your Facebook business page.
How to remove the review section from Facebook
To disable Facebook page reviews, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Visit your Facebook News Feed and click on “Pages” in the left-hand side menu.
- Go to your Facebook page.
- Click the “Page Settings” button on the bottom left-hand side of your Facebook page.
- Click “Templates and Tabs” from the left-hand side menu options.
- Click to the right of “Reviews” to turn the reviews tab off and this will remove this section from your page.
Remember that disabling your reviews does not delete Facebook reviews; it just hides them.
If you decide to enable your reviews again, the same Facebook reviews will come back up.
How to delete negative or fake Facebook reviews
Chances are, you don’t want to remove all the reviews from your Facebook page. After all, you probably have some great reviews as well. So you may be wondering how to only delete the bad or fake reviews.
Unfortunately, you cannot delete reviews from Facebook individually, even false reviews.
However, you can report reviews that don’t meet Facebook’s Community Standards, including objectionable content like profanity or hate speech.
How to report a Facebook review
- Go to one of your Facebook reviews and click three dots in the top right corner of the Facebook comment you want to report.
- Click “Find support or report recommendation.”
- Follow the next step-by-step instructions that appear on the screen.
Why are Facebook reviews important for small businesses?
Public sentiment can have a significant impact on your company’s success. In fact, 90% of customers read customer feedback from online reviews before trusting a business. Online reviews can strongly influence purchase decisions. Plus, customers spend about 31% more money if a company has positive reviews.
How to manage Facebook reviews
So, you can’t just remove bad reviews and reporting Facebook reviews might not solve your problem. What to do? Your best bet for managing your online reputation on the social media platform is to learn how to appropriately respond to Facebook reviews. Follow these steps:
- Engage with positive feedback. At the very least, you should “like” your positive Facebook reviews.
- Take things a step further by thanking reviewers for their positive feedback. Doing so will encourage them to continue speaking highly of you.
- Use these positive review response templates if you’re unsure how to engage with positive customer feedback.
- Don’t forget to respond to negative reviews. It’s best to address them rather than give the impression you don’t care.
- Handle negative Facebook reviews with class and honesty. Apologize to customers who share bad reviews. It may be best to admit fault. Where appropriate, give your side of the story. Even though you can’t remove negative Facebook reviews, you can still influence the narrative with a thoughtful response.
- Use our negative review response templates to navigate negative comments with ease and grace.
- Sponsor your positive Facebook reviews. Broadly has a unique service that helps turn positive reviews into clickable Facebook ads, amplifying those stellar results you are promising. Let your best reviews outshine the few bad eggs.
- Keep asking for customer feedback. Of course, the best way to keep managing your online reputation is to continually ask for reviews from happy customers. Eventually, you’ll have so many great reviews, the bad ones won’t even matter!
Let Broadly handle your business reputation management
Looking to grow your Google Reviews, Yelp reviews, Facebook reviews and positive reviews on other social media platforms?
Broadly teams up with business owners, small businesses and local businesses to improve their local SEO, attract new potential customers and enhance their online customer experience.
Book a demo today. You can see for yourself how Broadly’s digital marketing and reputation management tools can help you manage your online reviews — positive reviews and negative reviews — across Google reviews, Facebook reviews, Yelp and other social media channels.