Top 12 must-haves for your plumbing website design
Are you looking to build a new website for your plumbing company? Want to upgrade your existing plumbing website design? Here’s everything you need to know about what sets the best plumbing websites apart from the rest.
What should every plumbing site contain?
Building out a modern plumbing website is one of the most effective marketing methods for plumbers. Use these tips to turn your plumbing company’s website into a powerful marketing tool that supports your lead generation efforts.
Reach more homeowners, attract more website visitors and convert more plumbing leads into new customers.
Need a Professional Website For Your Business?
1. A high-quality homepage
Your homepage is where you make a first impression with many first-time website visitors. Keep in mind that you only have seven seconds to do so.
Make sure the homepage of your website:
- Is user-friendly — easy to navigate and read
- Encourages website visitors to stick around and learn more about your business rather than leaving to check out the competition
- Has the essential information homeowners and potential customers need to know about your business
- Makes it easy for website visitors to take the next step in their customer journey, whether that’s completing a booking, requesting a free quote or contacting your business
- Includes compelling testimonials that show why you’re a trustworthy service provider
2. Responsive website templates optimized for all devices
It’s not just your homepage that needs to make a solid first impression. Your first-time website visitors may see any of your landing pages when they first visit. Ensure your entire website experience is responsive and optimized for users across devices with beautiful, clean templates that look great on mobile devices, tablets, laptops and desktops.
3. A visually appealing color scheme and layout
Don’t turn away potential customers with a busy, overwhelming, outdated website design. Instead, look at popular social media websites or websites of plumbing industry leaders to see what makes a great site. Take notes on how to improve your plumbing website design.
4. A home services page with details about your plumbing services
List all the plumbing services you offer and what customers can expect during the process. If you provide other home services, such as HVAC or electrician services, or partner with other providers, list that information here.
5. A clear call-to-action (CTA)
What is the #1 action you’d like your website visitors to take when they first arrive on your landing pages? Whether that’s contacting you, booking a service appointment or requesting a free quote, be sure to include this specific call-to-action prominently on buttons across your entire website.
Here are some characteristics of effective CTAs:
- Short and to-the-point, like Contact Us, Learn More, Get Free Quote, Book Now
- Compel users to take action
- Guide website visitors through the process of completing a conversion
6. A contact us page
Create a handy contact us page that makes it easy for customers to reach you. Include your contact information and other essential business information, such as:
- Phone number
- Email address
- Service area
- Hours of operation
- Social media handles
Add a contact form where potential customers can contact your team directly with inquiries or feedback.
7. Content marketing resources, such as a blog, videos and guides, to increase your website’s search engine optimization (SEO)
As you consider your web design, you must also consider your website’s content strategy. Why? Because according to Google, the world’s leading search engine, content is the #1 factor that can improve your company’s SEO and influences where your website ranks in search engine results.
By creating trustworthy and valuable content that targets queries your customers are typing into search engines, you can generate more traffic and demonstrate your expertise to convert these website visitors into customers.
8. Web Chat
No plumber website is complete without a live chat widget, a tool most business owners (79%) say it helps increase customer loyalty, revenue and sales. Support your broader marketing strategy with this real-time messaging tool designed for:
- Offering customer support directly on your website
- Collecting customer contact information for marketing campaigns
- Quickly answering frequently asked questions
9. Lead generation forms for email and SMS
The last thing you want is for your website visitors to leave without taking action. Ideally, they’ll make an appointment, request a free quote or opt-in to email and SMS updates from your business.
You can encourage website visitors to do all the above by adding lead generation forms to your website where customers can:
- Share their contact information
- Specify the plumbing services they need
- Include details about the project they need help with (for instance, a water heater installation or kitchen sink repair)
- Opt-in to receive updates from your company via SMS and email marketing
10. Online reviews and customer testimonials
Select a few of your favorite customer reviews to showcase on your website. Include these on your home page, on a stand-alone customer testimonials page or in both places.
11. Answer those FAQs
Create a page where you include answers to frequently asked questions about your plumbing business, such as what services you offer, your service areas and the prices of standard services.
12. Links to your social media accounts
Add links to your online presence on social media channels to your website’s header or footer and your contact us page.
Why do plumbers need a website?
Every plumber needs a website because having a plumbing website is one of the best ways to get discovered by potential customers and generate more business for your company.
Research shows that nearly all consumers use the Internet to find local businesses — 21% do so daily, and 35% do it multiple times a week. Only 1% say they don’t look for local businesses online.
Unlike your online presence on review websites and social media channels, you have total control over your plumbing website. You get to select:
- Which testimonials to showcase on your website
- Your website color scheme, header images and overall look and feel
- The functionality you want to include on your website
- Which website templates you use
Find the right plumbing website builder for your company with Broadly
Maximize your digital marketing for plumbers with Broadly’s suite of marketing tools to help improve your company’s plumbing SEO, plumber email marketing, online reputation and conversions. Get to know the solutions for small businesses:
- Website: Build a mobile and SEO-optimized website
- Campaigns: Create SMS and email marketing campaigns to keep your leads and customers engaged
- Web Chat: Instantly connect with your plumbing website’s visitors
- Reviews: Generate more online reviews and customer referrals
See how Broadly can help your plumbing business thrive.
See what Broadly can do for your business in just 30 days