How to generate leads in Google Local Services Ads: The complete guide
You know about the importance of enhancing your online presence and improving your local SEO (search engine optimization). You know about Google Ads, and how this advertising option helps your company appear at the top of Google Search results in your service area when potential customers use search terms related to your business.
But do you know about another digital marketing strategy you may want to explore? Google Local Services Ads, a paid advertising channel, is a great way to showcase your local business to searchers looking for the very services you provide, whether that’s landscaping or home cleaning services.
With traditional pay-per-click ads (PPC), advertisers pay every time someone clicks on their ads. Google Local Services Ads only requires you to for the customers who proactively reach out to your business. This may be by calling your phone number, booking a service or sending your business an online message.
The benefit of Google Local Services Ads is that you only pay for highly qualified leads who are most likely to become paying customers.
Watch your online reputation transform with Broadly
What are Google Local Services Ads?
Google Local Services Ads (LSAs) help business owners reach potential customers who are using Google Search to find home service providers and service businesses in their service area.
Google Local Services Ads vs. Google Ads: The difference between two popular types of Google Search Ads
Not to be confused with each other, Google Ads and Google Local Services Ads are two different advertising options Google offers.
Google Local Services Ads are pay-per-lead ads, which means business owners only pay for the new leads they acquire related to their home services ads. Google Ads, however, are pay-per-click, which means local businesses pay each time a user clicks on an ad, whether or not they become paying customers.
You can use your same Google account to run both Google Local Services Ads and Google Ads. However, each advertising system has its own budget and targeting options.
Lead generation with Google Local Services Ads
Because Google Local Services Ads are shown to searchers looking for the very home services you offer, the potential customers your ads will reach are highly qualified leads, poised to place a phone call to your business and book your services.
For businesses that rely on a mix of new and returning customers, Google Local Services Ads are a great resource for lead generation.
New leads will be generated in the form of:
- Calls to your business phone number
- New messages sent to your advertising account from the Google Local Services Ads
- New services booked directly through your ads
Which industries could benefit from Google Local Services Ads?
Home service providers and service businesses benefit from using Google Local Services Ads to get new leads and new customers, including the following types of companies and professionals:
- HVAC companies
- Real estate lawyers and real estate services
- Lawn care providers
- Pest control companies
- House cleaners
- Garage door repair companies
Note: Google does require that local businesses meet certain eligibility criteria to participate, including meeting local license and insurance requirements and completing a background check.
The benefits of using Google Local Services Ads
Get found in local search, connect with qualified leads and generate more business for your company using Google Local Services Ads. Some additional benefits include:
- Your home services business will appear at the top of Google Search results when people search terms related to the services you offer in your service areas.
- You control your budget and Google offers a free tool to estimate pricing and set your monthly/weekly budget.
- It’s easy for customers to get in touch with your business directly through the ads.
- Your ads will be seen by searchers looking for the very home services you offer, meaning the customers you’ll reach are qualified leads.
- You can generate more buzz about your business as you attract new clientele, who can leave new customer reviews.
- You will become a Google Guaranteed business, a status that will strengthen your online reputation and build trust with potential customers.
- You can track your ad performance and see how many new leads and services bookings you’re getting as a result of your ads, either by logging into your Google Local Services Ads account or Local Services Ads app.
How to get started with Google Local Service Ads
Launch your Google Local Services Ads and generate results in just a few steps.
1. Create a business profile
Include your business name, type of service business and location.
2. Get your ads up and running
Update your budget and optimize your ads as needed.
3. Get your Google Guaranteed badge
The Google Guaranteed badge signals to customers that “Google has verified your service business and backs your services,” according to the search engine.
Professionals such as lawyers and event planners can claim a similar badge (the Google Screened badge).
4. Let customers book appointments
Your ads will allow potential customers to call, message or directly book a service with your local business.
5. Answer phone calls and messages from your new leads
You can reply to your messages, keep track of your bookings and manage your leads through your online account or the Google Local Services Ads app.
6. Improve your ad ranking optimization on Google Local Services Ads
According to Google, your ad ranking is determined based on your company’s:
- Distance away from potential customers’ locations
- Customer review score and the number of customer reviews your local business receives on your Google Business Profile (formerly Google My Business), the reviews that appear in Google Search and Google Maps
- Business hours
- Track record and reputation, specifically whether Google has received complaints about your business
- Responsiveness to messages your account receives—Google recommends responding to as many of the messages you receive (even if only to decline the bookings) because failing to respond could affect your ad ranking
Generate leads for your small business with Broadly
Generating more customer reviews can help with your Google Local Services Ads ranking and help you generate more leads organically by optimizing your organic presence in local search and Google Maps.
Broadly has the tools you need to get more online reviews and grow your business.
Watch your online reputation transform with Broadly