Setting up your small business on Google just got a lot easier. Last week, Google announced “Google My Business”, a one-stop shop to get your small business on Google Search, Google Maps and Google My Business. Getting your business on Google will help your customers find you online. They will be able to see driving directions to your business in Google Maps, know what your hours of operation are in Google Search and will be able to see your phone number displayed and call you with a simple click from their mobile phone.
By creating a Google My Business page, your business can connect with fans and customers directly. You can share content, news, promotions, photos and videos. You can also see what customers are saying about you, answer any questions and respond to negative feedback.
In addition, your customers can leave reviews on your Google My Business page, endorse your posts with +1s and re-share your content. All of which can help improve your local search visibility ranking.
For example, Google reviews can influence placement in Google’s Carousel. +1s can help you achieve higher search rankings. And by connecting your personal Google+ page to the content you create on your website or blog, the content you share can see improved visibility in the Google search results.
Here are 5 simple steps to setting up your business on Google:
- Sign in or select “Get on Google” by visiting www.google.com/business
- Next, find your business by entering your business name and address into the search box
- You will then be prompted to verify your business. Select “Mail me my code” and Google will send you a post card via snail mail with a 5 digit verification code on it
- You can then complete your business information by adding a description, photos, videos, contact information, and hours of operation
- When you receive your PIN number through the mail, log back in and enter your code to verify your business
If you’d like more information on creating and verifying your business on Google, visit Google Support.