51 Marketing Ideas To Grow Your Small Business
Whether you have been a business owner for 6 months or 60 years, it’s always a good idea to think of ways to grow your business.
No matter what your budget, we have provided a list of marketing ideas to help you increase traffic, leads, sales, and reputation for your business.
Small Business Content Strategies
A well put together content strategy is often a very cost-effective way to grow a company over time. A content strategy connects is when your company’s content is created with your businesses goals and user needs in mind. Below are a list of content strategies you can get started with today.
- Create a website – Here are 22 benefits of having a website for a small business.
- Create a blog – This is often the first contact a person has with your company and opens the door to work with them further.
- Create a Video – How your small business can use video marketing to increase revenue.
- Create Ebooks & Case Studies – These are a way to showcase the benefits of working with your company.
Small Business SEO Strategies
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is a favorite for business owners because the visitors that come to your site are “Free”. Having an increase of sales, without paying for ads are S understandably a favorite for business owners. Here are a few tips and links to follow!
- Create a mobile-friendly & well-designed website
- Make sure your site SEO Friendly
- Avoid these 5 SEO Mistakes
Increase Your Sales
As the saying goes “increasing in sales cures all ails”. Who doesn’t want to make more money without doing more work? Below are a few strategies to help improve the amount of sales for your business without putting in hours of overtime.
- Online Chat Tools – Use web chat tools to talk directly to customers.
- Sales Tracking Software – Use a sales tracking software so nobody falls through the cracks.
- Manage Customers On The Go – Manage contacts while on the go with the right phone apps.
- Customer Loyalty Program – Implement a program to keep customers coming back.
Small Business Facebook Marketing Tips
With 2.32 billion monthly active users makes Facebook as one of the largest online communities in the world. Having a simple presence and strategy can turn Facebook into a viable channel to grow your company.
- Optimize your small business Facebook business page for success
- Get small business reviews on Facebook
- Embed your Facebook reviews on your website
- Report fake Facebook reviews
- Use Facebook ads to increase leads to your site
Getting involved with the local community can be a great way to engage with potential customers. Here are a few ways to get your business involved with your community.
- Team up with other small business to refer customers to each other.
- Join a small business group such as the local chamber of commerce.
- Give back to the community with charitable donations.
- Work with small business influencers, news stations, & content creators.
- Host events, happy hours, & experiences
Small Business Google Marketing Tips
Since the majority of people use Google’s search engine to do all of their online research it is important to have your business set up on Google. Here are some tutorials to get your business set up right on Google.
- Claim and verify your business on Google
- Add your small business to Google maps
- Respond to your Google reviewers
- Learn how to ask small business customer for Google reviews
- Create a Google review link to easily email customers and clients
- Remove fake Google reviews
- Work on removing negative reviews from the top of Google search results
Offline marketing strategies utilize offline media channels to create awareness of a company’s products and services. These campaigns can actually be used to drive people to online campaigns or to call your business directly. Here are a few examples of what offline media channels are, and what you can do to expand your business.
- Launch a direct mail campaign.
- Send past customers free samples, fridge magnets, etc keep your business top of mind
- Radio Ads
- Speak at events
Small Business Yelp Marketing Tips
Yelp is a marketplace that is set up to focus exclusively on helping people find businesses and services in their local area. Businesses providing a local service like pet care or home services can really benefit by having a good Yelp strategy. Here are some tips to help your business on a Yelp.
- Build a strong Yelp profile for your business profile
- Learn how Yelp filters reviews and what you can do about it
- Report inappropriate and fake reviews to Yelp
- Set up Yelp ads to target customers in your area
Getting Reviews From Small Business Customers
In the era of the internet, online reviews are often where people turn to find out if they should use a specific company. In fact, 84% of customers trust online reviews as much as a personal recommendation (online statistics source).
- Ask for online reviews
- Don’t know how to ask for a review? Use our templates
- Ask current customers for referrals
- Use a review management software tool to respond to all reviews, even if they are positive or negative reviews
- Send out a survey to get customer feedback
Email marketing is the strategy of sending emails to prospects and customers on a regular basis. Effective marketing emails can convert prospects into customers, and turn one-time buyers into loyal, raving fans. Here are some tips to get you started with email marketing.
- Create an email opt in on your website
- Create an email opt in for your email signature
- Offer a free download or incentive to encourage people to add their email address to your list.
- Create an email nurture sequence to educate them why they should buy from you
- Create a newsletter to keep and build a relationship with your customers
Paid Ads Marketing
If you have some extra budget for marketing then paid advertising can be a good way to test out different channels to see what works. These ads are great because you can easily turn them on or off and helps you find out where your audience is and how to best reach them. Here are some of the most popular paid marketing types.
- Search Ads (Google Ads, Bing Ads, etc)
- Social Ads (Facebook, Linkedin, Pinterest, Instagram, Snapchat, etc)
- Display Ads
- Retargeting Ads – This is showing ads to people who have already been to your website
These are some of our favorite small business marketing tips. Did we miss any? Please let us know in the comments. We hope these affordable promotion strategies spark ideas for you and your small business to grow and thrive!